Some Useful Information
- Technical units used in rock engineering.
- English – metric units
- Definitions of rock engineering and engineering geological expressions and terms.
- A list of ISRM (International Society for Rock Mechanics) Suggested methods for laboratory testing, field measurements, etc.
The book on Rock Engineering, second edition gives useful information in the planning, design and construction of rock excavations. You may also take a look at the contents of the book-second edition and its layout and structure.
- On Norwegian constructions in rock, rock engineering and design of constructions in rock: www.tunnel.no
- Norway’s largest consulting company with vast experience in engineering geology, rock engineering and geotechnical engineering: http://www.norconsult.com.
- Norwegian Geotechnical Institute (NGI) http://www.NGI.no
- Information on tunnel constructions in Norway longest tunnels: http://www.lotsberg.net/
- The acrobat reader program of pdf files: www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readermain.html
- The journal Tunnels and Underground Space Technology (TUST), the official journal for ITA (International Tunnelling Association): www.elsevier.com/locate/tust
- The International Society for Rock Mechanics (ISRM): www.isrm.net
- The International Association for Engineering Geology and Environment (IAEG): www.iaeg.info
- Hoek’s corner www.rocscience.com/education/hoeks_corner on rock engineering items